Vegetables can be tasty too! It is all about how you cook and what you add. Trust me when I say going meatless is going to be easier than ever with my exciting and healthy food recipes for vegetarians.
Add in the veggies to the pressure cooker, sprinkle some salt, pour a dash of oil, and cook with me, the most amazing food recipes which are not only healthy but make your taste buds pop. These recipes that I am going to share with you require no hard-to-find products and trust me, you can prepare them very easily even if you are a bachelor.
You must have faced this problem while cooking being a bachelor. And I know there is nothing that can match the authentic taste of home-cooked food with mom’s magic. But I hear your concern, and today, I will share with you my top 10 healthy food recipes for vegetarians. So, let us get started without any further ado.
Top 10 Healthy Food Recipes For Bachelors (Vegetarian)
I want this article to be helpful for everyone. Starting from part feast recipes to simple food items for bachelors. So, I have decided to come on this journey well-prepared, starting with tasty and easy food recipes for bachelors. Even if you are a student and struggling with education and, of course, finance, these recipes are the best that you can try:
Quinoa-Black Bean Salad
While you must already know that Quinoa is one of the power-packed whole foods, you can have it in different ways and combine it with various food ingredients. One such ingredient is the “Black Bean.” Very popular in the Japanese culinary culture, Black beans are a good source of fiber, and combined with Quinoa, I think it serves the perfect food dish that can be served with anything. Not to forget, it is very easy to make, so I suppose it is a great option for bachelors.
- Two sweet corn packets– 50g each.
- One medium zucchini should be cut into 1/4-inch planks lengthwise.
- Half a cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Half a cup of lime juice.
- A teaspoon of finely ground cumin.
- Three cups of young arugula.
- One fifteen-oz can of washed, unsalted black beans.
- One cup, divided into quarters.
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- One-third cup of crumbled Cotija cheese, split.
- One chopped avocado divided.
- Heat a griller on the stove.
- Grill corn until tender and cooked from all sides.
- Now, grill zucchini, uncovered, for about 2 minutes per side.
- Now, coarsely chop zucchini and cut kernels from the cobs.
- After this, whisk oil, lime juice, and cumin in a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini, corn, quinoa, arugula, beans, and half each of the pico de gallo, cilantro, cheese, and avocado.
- Gently toss to combine.
- Now, top with the remaining pico de gallo, cilantro, cheese, and avocado.
Black Bean Fajita Skillet
Our next popular food recipe for bachelors and vegetarians is the Black Bean Fajita Skillet. In this, sautee your favorite veggies with canned black beans and Southwest seasoning for a quick and easy Mexican-inspired meal. It is really easy and requires only basic ingredients, so perhaps it is budget-friendly as well, which will encourage you to make it again and again.
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One 12-oz box of sliced onions and bell peppers for fajitas
- One fifteen-ounce can of drained black beans without additional salt
- ½ teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend in the Southwest
- One ounce of optional roughly shredded Cheddar cheese and a half-teaspoon of salt
- Pour some oil into a large skillet over medium flame and heat for some time.
- Now, add fajita vegetables and saute until cooked, probably about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, seasoning, and salt; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Divide the vegetables and beans between two bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons of cheese, if using.
Mushroom & Tofu Stir-Fry
Do you love eating Tofu? I know you do, in fact, everybody does. The tempting mushroom and tofu stir-fry recipe is going to be a game changer for your daily protein intake. I think this food recipe is not only power-packed but very easy to make and, of course, the perfect night meal that will keep you full for the whole hour. If you are a fan of mushrooms and tofu, I think you should try this and serve it with brown rice and sweet potatoes.
- Four tablespoons of canola or peanut oil.
- One medium red bell pepper, diced; one pound of mixed mushrooms, sliced.
- One bunch of onions, thinly sliced into 2-inch segments.
- One tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- One large clove of grated garlic and one 8-ounce package of diced baked or smoked tofu.
- Three teaspoons of vegetarian sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large flat pan over a medium flame.
- Now, add in the mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Stir occasionally so that it does not stick from the bottom.
- Cook until soft and tender for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add scallions, ginger, and garlic; cook for a few minutes.
- Place the veggies in a bowl.
- Then add the tofu and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the sauce and veggies and stir.
- Stir and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
If you are looking for food recipes that do not require creating a mess in the kitchen, I think One-pot Tomato Basil Pasta might be your best bet. The delicious pasta requires only about an hour to cook and trust me, with little to no mess, you can create a tasty dinner. For me, this is the perfect food dish that does not require lots of ingredients or cooking.
- Eight ounces of whole-wheat pasta
- one cup of water
- One fifteen-oz can of diced tomatoes without added salt
- Two tablespoons of pure olive oil
- One-half teaspoon of Italian spice
- One-half teaspoon of onion powder
- One-half teaspoon of powdered garlic
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- A tsp of finely ground red pepper
- Six cups of baby spinach or baby kale
- ½ cup of chopped basil
- Parmesan cheese, grated, as a garnish
- Put all the raw ingredients in a large pot, such as pasta, water, tomatoes, oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and crushed red pepper
- Put a lid over and bring it to a boil over high heat
- Now, reduce the heat and stir frequently for 10 minutes
- Now, add kale/spinach and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Garnish as you like and serve hot.
Stuffed Potatoes with Salsa & Beans
Fulfill your potato cravings with this easy and tasty stuffed potato with salsa and bean food recipe. Whether it is weekdays or weekends, I promise you will fall in love with the taste of it. To make this recipe, follow the below-given steps:-
- Four medium-sized russet potatoes
- ½ cup of newly made salsa
- 1 sliced, ripe avocado
- One can of rinsed, heated, and slightly mashed pinto beans
- Chop four teaspoons of pickled jalapeños.
- Take a form or knife and cut the tomatoes in half.
- Now, heat a Microwave on Medium flame, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes. Side by side, bake potatoes until cooked tenderly.
- Move to a clean plate and let it cool for sometime
- Cut the baked potatoes lengthwise
- Add some salsa, avocado, beans, and jalapeños on the top of each potato. Warm up and serve.
Party-Bomber Vegetarian Recipes
Now that I have discussed some tasty and easy food recipes with you, I think it is time I drop some party-bombers with you. You can make these recipes on any occasion, family gatherings, parties, little get-togethers, and more. Given that, here are the top recipes that you can try making:-
Goat Cheese Sandwich with Tomato and Avocado Salad
These party-bomber cheese sandwiches are a must-try food recipe for all party occasions. They are very easy to make, and you can make tens of them in just minutes. So, whether you are organizing any party or feast, make them in just under 10 minutes.
- ¾ cup chopped grape tomatoes ⅓ sliced or peeled avocado ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil and 2 tablespoons, divided ¾ ounce soft goat cheese One large piece of toasted whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- One tablespoon of toasted pine nuts (see Tip)
- A tsp finely ground extra virgin olive oil
- One-third cup of vinegar
- Combine the avocado, tomatoes, basil, and salt in a deep plate or basin.
- Drizzle the bread or toast with the goat cheese.
- Add the pepper and the leftover basil on top.
- Serve the toast with the tomato salad on the side.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle pine nuts over everything.
- Put the vinegar separately.
Cauliflower Tikka Masala with Chickpeas
You must have heard about the popular chicken tikka masala Indian king recipe that brings the fiery taste of masala and juicy chicken in each bite. But, no, this is not its recipe. I have swapped chicken with Cauliflower and Chickpeas, hinting at the exoticness and traditional punch that runs in my family. This recipe just takes 20 minutes, and I promise you will love eating it!
- One tablespoon of canola or coconut oil
- 4 cups florets of cauliflower and ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Half a cup of water
- One can of beans
- 1 1/2 cups premade tikka masala sauce
- two tsp butter
- To garnish, use fresh cilantro.
- Heat a few spoonfuls of oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat
- Add cauliflower (grated or pieces)
- Add salt and stir occasionally until golden brown
- Now, add in the water, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is cooked perfectly
- After this, stir in the chickpeas and sauce
- Cook for a few minutes while continuously stirring
- Remove from stove and add in butter
- Serve topped with cilantro
Vegan Coconut Chickpea Curry
So, I decided to add something for “Vegans” as well. This delicious coconut chickpea curry is a perfect food recipe for family get-togethers and friendly dinners. It merely takes 20 minutes and is a food start for people switching to tasty vegetarian food diets. So, let us dig into its recipe without wasting any more time:-
- Two teaspoons of avocado oil
- One cup of finely chopped onion
- One cup of bell peppers, chopped
- One medium zucchini, chopped
- One can of washed chickpeas
- One and a half cups premade coconut curry simmer sauce
- 4 cups baby spinach and ½ cup vegetable broth
- Two cups of pre-cooked brown/white rice
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium flame
- Add the raw materials, such as onion, pepper, and zucchini
- Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables become tender and brown
- Add chickpeas, simmer sauce, and broth
- Simmer for some time while occasionally stirring
- Add in spinach just before serving
- Serve with rice
Chickpea & Quinoa Bowl with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Start your party with a tasty Chickpea and Quinoa Bowl food recipe. It is an easy grab-to-go lunch and get-together food recipe that I am sure will make you cook it again and again.
- Four roasted and chopped red peppers
- Half a cup of almonds
- Four tablespoons of pure olive oil
- one little chopped garlic clove
- One tsp of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- two cups of quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion; ¼ cup chopped olives
- One can of chickpeas
- one cup of cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup of feta cheese in crumbles
- Two tablespoons of fresh parsley, cut finely.
- In a food processor, combine peppers, almonds, garlic, paprika, cumin, and two tablespoons oil; process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix the quinoa, red onion, olives, and oil.
- To serve, add the cucumber, red pepper sauce, and chickpeas on top.
- Add parsley and feta on top.
White Bean & Veggie Salad
This meatless main dish salad combines creamy, satisfying white beans and avocado. Try mixing it up with different seasonal vegetables.
- Two cups of mixed green vegetables
- ¾ cup of your favorite veggies, such as cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and more
- One-third cup of canned white beans
- ½ chopped avocado
- One teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- Two teaspoons of pure virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper according to taste
- Mix the greens, your favorite veggies, beans, and avocado in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and transfer to a large plate.
Make all your worries stir away with our best vegetarian food recipes for all your hunger and fitness goals. Make your cravings bloom with this list of the best food recipes that will make you cook them again and again. These recipes are not only bachelor-friendly but can be cooked at a very low cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is vegetarian food?
Vegetarian foods are recipes made up of vegetables or ingredients that do not include any animal-based product, such as eggs.
- What fast food has vegetarian options?
If you are craving fast food, then I think different outlets and restaurants offer various options for vegetarian dishes that you can buy as per your cravings and mood.
- Where to buy vegetarian food near me?
Many famous restaurants and food outlets provide vegetarian food near me option. You can also use Google to find the best food places near you that serve the best tasty food.