A satisfying, delicious, and simple Breakfast Casserole recipe is all you need to make yourself happy in this winter season. Filled with sausages, eggs, cheese, onions, potatoes, and many more delicious ingredients to make this dish a super hearty one. These simple ingredients can make this dish a delicious one to start your day in a happy mood.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we all should start our day with the best breakfast dish. You should always start your day with a protein-packed meal. So, we are here to give you the ultimate recipe to make the best breakfast meal with so many flavors and good things.
So, let’s not waste any more time and dive into this super hearty breakfast recipe!
The Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe Ever!
A hearty, delicious, and tummy-filled Breakfast Casserole is all you need to start your day. This is the best recipe you will ever have in this season. When we say the BEST, it is obviously not a joke. This recipe is surely the easiest and yummiest, which you can make quickly and feed your family with so many yummiest goodies.
This recipe is the best for so many other reasons as well. You can make this dish with any vegetables you love, it can be used as leftovers, reheated well, and can feed a crowd.
- Diced Potatoes: Frozen (do not thaw)
- Sausages: Turkey breakfast sausages
- Eggs: Whisked together (you will need a dozen eggs)
- Half and Half: For creamy texture and adds thickness
- Season Salt: To add more flavor
- Pepper: Adds more taste
- Cheddar Cheese: Grated
- Pepper Jack Cheese: Grated
- Onion: Minced
- Oil: Olive oil
A delicious breakfast casserole does not need a lot of prepping and planning. This is an easy and simple recipe in which you throw everything together and place it in the oven to start baking it. So, let’s dive into the process of making this appetizing recipe.
- Preheat the oven. Heat a large skillet and add in the sausage to it. Cook it on medium-high heat and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Discard any excess liquid or fat from the pan.
- Add olive oil to the large skillet and add the onions. After caramelizing it for a bit, season with pepper and salt and mix together.
- Now, transfer the onion mixture into the sausage bowl.
- Add the frozen diced potatoes, cheese, season salt, and pepper to the onion and sausage bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Take another bowl and combine the eggs and half and half together. Add salt and pepper for a little flavor.
- Whisk everything nicely and pour this mixture over the sausage mixture. Mix until everything is nicely combined.
- Take a baking tray and grease it lightly. Pour the entire mixture into the dish in an even layer. Add some extra shredded cheese for a cheesy flavor on the top.
- With an aluminum foil, cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. You can also refrigerate the dish for 2 hours or overnight and bake it the next day.
- Remove the foil and bake the breakfast casserole for another 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are nicely set.
- Garnish the dish with some black pepper, and your perfect breakfast casserole is ready!
What To Serve With Breakfast Casserole?
Make this breakfast casserole a complete meal by adding some extra goodies on the side. This recipe doesn’t need any extra things, but you can surely add some sides to your plate to enhance the taste a little more. Consider the below-mentioned options to make your breakfast a more delicious and hearty one:
We are mentioning some tips to make the most delicious breakfast casserole ever. The below-mentioned tips will help you to make this dish a perfect one.
- Make Ahead Of The Time: You can easily make this breakfast dish the night before and bake it in the next morning. Just cover it properly in the fridge. Remember to take it out while your oven is preheating. You may need to increase the time for baking by 10-15 minutes.
- Freeze: You can freeze this dish as well. You just simply have to bake this dish and after cooling it completely, place this dish in a ziplock bag or in an airtight container. When you want to heat it up, place it in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Reheat: You can also reheat the breakfast casserole and enjoy it whenever you want to. This dish can be used as a leftover also.
- Storage: For storing breakfast casserole, you can cover it with foil tightly to your baking dish and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Not Covering The Dish: This is actually totally up to you. But we suggest you not cover it to have that nice crisp layer on the top. However, if you want to cover it, be sure to uncover 10-12 minutes remaining and cook uncovered for that crispy top crust.
- Do Not Thaw The Potatoes: You can start to make the breakfast casserole without thawing the frozen potatoes.
Who doesn’t love a hearty yet simple meal to start their day? Breakfast Casserole is the best breakfast dish to start your day and is very easy to make. This dish is quick to make and doesn’t need a lot of ingredients. You can also make it overnight and bake it the next morning. We have also mentioned some tips for making this dish. Make this perfect breakfast meal ever and enjoy it with your loved ones!