Have you ever lost your iPhone and wondered “How to Find my iPhone from another iPhone?” Whether your phone is stolen or lost or if you are trying to track down a device, there are multiple ways by which you can find your missing iPhone. Fortunately, Apple has software that makes tracking a lost or stolen iPhone easier. If your iPhone has been stolen, you can use this software to wipe it and lock it to keep your personal data safe. Let’s explore how we can use this software.
Method 1: Using iCloud Find My iPhone Apple ID
If you are using iCloud find my iPhone, and have your Apple ID set up on your Phone, you can easily track it by logging into iCloud.com. This is a great method if you don’t have any other Apple device with the Find My App installed.
Here is the step-by-step on how you can do it:
- On an Apple device or a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and Password of your missing device.
- Click on the Find iPhone icon.
- A map will appear on screen with the last location of your iPhone.
- If you think your iPhone has been stolen, putting it into ‘Lost Mode’ from this screen is better. This method will lock the device and display a custom message on the Lock Screen.
If the device is not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular or Find My iPhone is turned off, you cannot see the device’s location.
You can try any of these methods when you can locate the iPhone:
- Play a sound to help you find the device.
- Set a password and remotely lock the device.
- Erase all the settings and content remotely.
It’s an excellent way to track and find your iPhone, but it only works if you have iCloud. The location is updated when connected to the internet over cellular data or Wi-Fi.
The location can’t be updated if your missing device cannot connect to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
Method 2: Family Sharing Feature- How To Use Find My Phone From Another iPhone
Family Sharing Feature is another answer to your question- How to find my iPhone from another iPhone? If you have shared your location with your family or friends or have another iOS device from the Find My app, you can use that device to locate your missing iPhone. iPhone has a feature called Family Sharing, which lets you see the location of your family member’s device in Find My iPhone.
When you activate Find My iPhone, iCloud activates the location services on your phone automatically. This also means that your device’s location can be easily tracked even if you don’t have “Find My” App already installed.
How To Use Find My App To Track Other Apple Devices?
If you want to watch your or your friend’s device using another iOS device, install the Find My App on both devices. Here is how you should use it:
- Open the Find My app on your friend’s iPhone.
- Select your lost iPhone by tapping the devices tab.
- Tap on Actions, then tap Find My Phone. Your friend’s phone will start looking for your device’s location.
- If your friend’s phone can find your device, you will see the location on a map. Also, you can see your device’s battery level and play sound to help you find it.
This method will only work if you have allowed location sharing with a friend from the Find My App. And, you cannot track your lost device using another device if you haven’t done it.
Method 3: How To Find My iPhone By Sending A Tracking URL
If you do not like using the Find My App or iCloud, you can still locate your iPhone by sending a tracking URL to another device. It is not as accurate as the other options but can be helpful if you can’t use Find My App or iCloud.
Number Tracker Pro is a helpful app which lets you track your phone by sending a tracking URL to any device. The tracking URL will let you know the phone’s location on a map. It is easily accessible from any device without installing any app.
How To Access Number Tracker Pro?
- Create an account on the Number Tracker Pro website.
- Tap on the Real Time Tracker tab and type the iPhone number you are trying to find.
- Tao on the ‘search’ button.
- A tracking URL and your specific message will be sent to the lost phone.
- When the person clicks on that link, their location will be shared with you, and you will know the device location on the map.
This method is excellent if you don’t have any other Apple device or are trying to find someone else’s iPhone. Number Tracker Pro is a paid site offering many features that make it worth the price. The interface of Number Tracker Pro is easy to use and a perfect choice for those trying to find an iPhone or any other phone.
How to find my lost iPhone from another iPhone?
How to find my iPhone with another iPhone if it is lost? There is a way you can find your iPhone if it has got lost. Here are some steps to help you find your lost phone.
- The first step is to open Find My App on a trusted iPhone. This app is already installed on all iPhones.
- Click on “me” from the options at the bottom of the iPhone screen.
- Drag it up to unveil the whole options panel. Click on the “Help a friend” text link at the bottom of the page.
- Now tap on the small blue text which says, “Use a different Apple ID”.
- Sign in to the iCloud app using your Apple ID password and username. Your Apple ID will be the same as the one you initially used to set up your phone. Generally, you need this ID to install apps on your phone.
- After entering your password, you will see a prompt at the lower part of your screen to save the password and username to your friend’s device.
- Save the username and password on the other device. This will help the other device to access the Find My feature quickly. This will, in turn, help you get your phone back faster.
- After typing the password and username, you can select which device is lost. You can also do various tasks along with it. After choosing the device you want to find, you can do the following things:
Play Some Sound: Playing a sound will tell you whether your iPhone is disconnected from Wi-Fi or a cellular network or dead. It will not play any sound until it is connected again.
Lost Mode: Select “Activate” or “Enable” once selected. You will be led to enter your contact information and display it on your missing device. You can also enter your own specific message asking the finder to contact you. Be sure to choose the “Activate” option.
Erase iPhone: This should be the last option, as this can’t be undone. Select the device you want, then click “Erase this Device”. If your phone is backed up in iCloud, you could return this information to a new iPhone later. And if you are lucky to be covered by the optional AppleCare+ with loss and theft, you shouldn’t delete your device. Instead, put forward a claim for an iPhone replacement.
- How to find my iPhone from another iPhone? After doing the above tests, you can log out of the iCloud account on your friend’s account.
- Repeat steps 1-9 from your own phone now, but his time, enter your friend’s information into your phone.
- After completing the steps mentioned above, do a test.
Take your friend’s device and repeat steps 1-3. After clicking on the “Help a friend” option, when it is time to enter the password and username, you will be guided to the bottom of the phone’s screen to use the passwords stored in your iCloud Keychain. iPhone’s owner account will be at the default. Select the “Key” icon at the lower right of the screen. It will then provide you with a list of stored passwords and usernames. Choose the login information that you had previously saved and start logging in.
By following the above steps carefully, we hope you have the answer to how to find my iPhone from another iPhone.
How to find my iPhone from another iPhone? This is a very challenging task for anyone who has lost their phone. But don’t worry; you can find or locate your phone quickly in many ways. Losing your phone is heartbreaking because so many personal pieces of information are stored on your personal device. But now you can find your iPhone Hassle-free with the above-mentioned methods.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- How to disable Find My Phone from another device?
Use the Find My app to remove a device from your device’s list, or you can turn off the Activation Lock on a device you gave away. When you remove the Activation Lock, somebody can activate the phone and connect it to their specific Apple ID.
- How to reset Apple ID password from another person’s find my iPhone?
Go to Settings, tap your name, sign in, go to the settings, change your password and follow the rules given to reset your password successfully.
- How to find my iPhone from another iPhone?
If you have turned on the Find My network, you can easily use the Find My app on any device signed in with the same Apple ID to see the location, even offline. The last known location can be stored upto seven days.